Most Citizens Now Lunatics
The replacement of mainly unselfish with selfish people has changed the character of the community from polite and sane, to rude and insane: most citizens are now lunatics who are:
1. Driven By Whims:
• Contemptuous of the familiar: so despise their urban surroundings and all associated with it—their community.
• Revere the unusual or rare: which for most of them is the flora and fauna not seen close to their cities.
2. Tormented By Irrational Fears about:
• Purity of their food, drink and air, making them obsessed with fears of pollution and toxic waste.
• Change, such as the introduction of mobile phones, new drugs, genetic engineering, nuclear power.
• Exhausting Supplies, which is why they insist upon zero population growth and allowing only self-sustaining industries.
3. Obsessed By Impending Doom; As the thing they each most cherish — self —must eventually perish.
A New Religion With A New God—The Environment
Even though selfish citizens only worship self, they know only that they must obey their fears and fancies. This lunacy, which is endemic throughout the towns and cities of Western Civilization, has resulted in a new religion — the worship of a god called 'The Environment', which is the notion of reality allowed by an understanding corrupted by their shared fears and fancies. They fear the planet [self] is being destroyed by people doing what they, the environmentalists, do not like, so they fancy the planet [self] can only be saved by forcing people to do what they, the environmentalists, do like. Hence environmentalists are very important people whose every-day activities are crucial to saving the planet, which puts them above the law for they cannot allow legal trivia to hinder their efforts to save the planet, and all those who oppose them must be enemies of the planet.
Universal Dogma of Environmentalists —Their Tyranny
To avoid the impending doom of Global Catastrophe Environmentalists demand:
1. Reverence For Nature (flora and fauna away from cities) with its imagined delicate balance essential for global life.
• Pretending that people are not part of nature and ignoring Charles Darwin's work 'The Origin Of Species', which revealed that nature is a continual series of accidents that randomly destroy and create species; and that humanity only appeared because countless previous species were exterminated.
• Ignoring that there is no balance in the natural world, only chaos; and unless humanity modifies nature it will remain dependent upon blind chance for its well-being.
• Believing that the inevitable processes of evolution and constant change can now be halted to indulge their feelings.
2. Contempt for Western Civilization that is expressed by a ruthless opposition to anything and everything that excites their irrational fears, which includes:
• Any increase of the community in area — it encroaches upon nature.
• Any increase of population — it uses up more finite resources.
• Any change (improvement) in technology regardless of its potential (including the stifling of nuclear power, genetic modification, high dose radiation for food preservation).
• The use of substances new or existing, such as insecticides, drugs, etc. (this includes DDT, Thalidomide, Devron, Asbestos)
3. Paranoia: that is being frightened of imaginary dangers, while being blind to real threats such as social decay, human obsolescence and Barbarian invasion.
|« The Nature of Environmentalism »||« Decline Of Ideas »||« Decline Of The Community »||« Why Care? »|